Sunday, February 27, 2011

A dose of encouraging courage

 Hello dear Readers,
I know it's been a while since I've blogged...
  I hope you've all had a wonderful last few weeks filled with blessings!
I had a fun little blessing yesterday at my first piano competition - I played  a fun song called 'Peppermint Rag', and got a score of 1! It was a lot of fun, and we've spent the rest of the weekend preparing for our trip to Mississippi and just having family time. Ah...
  
    I just wanted to give all my dear ones a bit of encouragement this Sunday!
I hope you keep the realization with you that you're in your circumstances for a reason! That no matter how unfair it may seem now, God has a great plan - and you're a part of it! Actually, you're a vital part of it.

     "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work  so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-3

   And...
 .
   "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not  be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

  Pure joy in trials and strength no matter what. That's a tall order. But we can do it! Why? Because -

   "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13

  I don't know where you are in life. You maybe standing in the sunshine, living life to the fullest and enjoying every blessing that comes your  way. I'm so happy for you.  Or,  you  maybe hanging on by a thread, and unable to hoist yourself back up. God's here to tell you that you CAN get up again. And you don't have to do it yourself - if you give all those burdens and anger and grief to God, not only will He take it from you - He'll help give you wisdom through this situation, and strength  to boot.

' How could anyone live this crazy life without God?' That's where the 'courage' part of this post comes out.
 Have  courage to... Stand up  for Christ! Don't let the lamp that is your faith be hidden.

To share the good news! Don't be a 'parrot' Christian, living in your comfortable cage,  never reaching beyond  your borders. Reach out for God - and for the eternity of your fellow human beings.

And have courage to give it all to God! Don't feel defeated if your evangelistic attempts don't strike gold right away. It's a rewarding process, planting those seeds for Christ, but also one that can be depressing.
  Ask God for wisdom and strength and the door will be opened. Prayer is the most important thing.
Pray for those you know who need Christ, and pray for the Christians you know with dear ones who do not know Christ.  And have faith!

   I hope, my Readers, that this post has encouraged you and given you courage.
Your blogger,
 Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment