Thursday, August 19, 2010

Celebrating Wednesday (on Thursday)

Dear Readers,
Yesterday was a very exciting day for the Shraders! Mom and I got up early and went to the beauty shop to get our hair cut. (As you know from that photo.) I got my pony tail cut off to make into a wig for someone with cancer. This was such a rewarding thing.  It just makes me smile to think of the little girl who will get a pretty wig from my pony tail. Well, mine and a few others. It takes 6-10 pony tails to make one wig. Start growing those locks out, ladies!


 Here's the other bit of exciting news:  My brothers have just joined a theatre group that will be performing the musical  Snoopy!  Benjamin will be piano-playing Schroeder, and Mason (in a smaller role, ha) will be CHARLIE BROWN! I'm so  excited for them, and know they are excited as well.  ( Please keep scrolling...there's a little more...)
                                                                                               
Cutting it all off...

Ta Da!

 I'm at the end of this post, but just wanted to share a little bit of the inspiration for my hair. I was powered to cut my hair for different reasons than the style yesterday.

 "The king will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25:40 (Jesus)

Wow. Pretty powerful stuff right there. This is what I did to try to show God my appreciation for all He has, and does, do for me. What will you do?
Love,
Your blogger Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment