Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Wednesday! Feliz Miércoles!


   Dear Readers,
  Happy Wednesday! 
Okay, so I know not a lot of people get very excited about Wednesdays....it's kind of that point of the week where you're just ready for it to be the weekend, right? But actually, having an "oh my goodness I can't believe it's Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Friday!!!" attitude is Biblical. 

                     "This is the day the Lord has made;
                       We will rejoice and be glad in it."  ~Psalm 118:24


We should not only rejoice when it's Friday, but everyday, because, after all, the Lord did make this day. And He has a perfect plan for you for today! 

  So any way, I hope you all are having a wonderful week. It was the start of school for us, and we have had a really fun time getting back into our routine. We're reading some great books and  learning Spanish has been a blast! It's amazing how traveling to the other side of the Equator gives you such a strong motivation to learn Spanish. 
   I find myself worrying about when we're a couple more months into this, though, because I know our schoolwork will get progressively harder. However--my prayer is that I will be able to rejoice and marvel in my studies not just the first week of school but for the whole year! 
   If you are already feeling discouraged about this new season, I encourage you to pray to God every morning as soon as you open your eyes asking for Him to give you the strength you need for today. My mom reminded us of this at the beginning of the week. We don't need the strength for tomorrow today, or for next semester today, just enough strength for the day. 
  So if you are just starting back to school, or embarking on the new journey of college education, or in the throes of a busy or hard season, take courage in the fact that God will give you strength for each day. Not only will He give you the strength to survive each day, but He will give you the strength to rejoice and be glad in it. 
  Your Blogger, 
 Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment