Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Please.

~Note~ If you are going to read this and then completely forget about this child I do not want you to read it. I only want those who are going to DO something to read this. Duncan doesn't need you to sit here and feel sorry for him- he needs you to DO something. So, if you are willing to get down on your knees, I beg you to read this. I beg you to remember him, and to mention him to your friends. Blog about him yourself, print out his picture to keep in your Bible, post about him on Facebook,- what ever you do is appreciated. So long as you do it. Thank you.

Dear Readers,
 
 I love children with special needs. I wish every single child knew how much they are loved. But the sad fact is--they don't. There are many children in the world who don't know they are loved, and it tears my heart to pieces. A lot of these children were given up for adoption because of their special need. There is nothing wrong with them, they are not defective, they are made exactly the way God wanted them to be. Yet some of them don't know that.  Duncan is one of them.
  

He actually worried someone who saw his picture would decide not to adopt him
because he was ugly. Break. My.Heart. (again!)
My brother Mason, and my shadow signing I love you to him. :)
Duncan is almost 16. Once he turns 16, he will be sent to a mental institution. A mental institution is a terrible place. For many, it is a death sentence.   I picked him to write about because he reminds me of Mason. Duncan has Cerebral Palsy and uses a walker to walk. He is very smart and compassionate. He does not deserve this life. He did not choose this life. And I am going to do everything in my power to make sure the rest of his life is different. I beg you to do the same.
Here is what the family who met Duncan said about him:

"Duncan very much wants a family. He is smart and works hard. He gets along well with others. Duncan struggles with facing the future here in his native country. He knows that unless a miracle happens and he gets adopted (or a family commits and gets USCIS approval) in the next few months, he is going to be sent to a mental institution, even though mentally, he has no issues. Duncan appears to have CP, and he is small for his age (about the size of a 13 year old). Duncan's medical information is en route from the orphanage now, but the family who met him and who he approached to ask for a family and the facilitator want to go ahead and get his information and picture out there.

Duncan uses a walker to walk and is independent in mobility. Duncan is a compassionate teen and one who says he "fears even to hope for a family, because he doesn't think anyone would want him because he isn't handsome". In fact, when it was time to pose for this picture, Duncan worried that someone would see it and then not want him. Duncan needs a family to show him God looks on the heart to see beauty (even though he's a quite handsome boy regardless)- and so do Christian families. Duncan's heart is big, and he is well-loved in this orphanage. Many worry for him if he doesn't get adopted before he turns 16 and it is too late."
 
  Wow. Are tears streaming down your face?? Duncan has so much to offer the world. Please help him.
 I realize there are lots of people hurting, and the orphan crisis might not be your "thing" you want to support. Trust me, I get that. But look at Duncan. How long does it take for you to post his picture to Facebook? To print out his picture? To pray for him?
 There are so many children in the world who don't know how much their Father loves them...I can't imagine a bigger blessing than showing them He does.
Your Blogger,
 Claire
  

No comments:

Post a Comment