Friday, November 5, 2010

Who let the dogs out?!



Go Bulldogs!


 Dear Readers,
 So much has happened this October...But, of course, we've had tests to study for and a myriad of other things to do - so you don't yet know about them! Fall is my favorite season, so I will (I promise) eventually blog about pumpkin patches,  signing at the fair, Halloween and all those wonderful things.
   But right now my heart is really bursting. We have just returned from Mississippi State, and packed into this last weekend was so many wonderful things and people  that I feel nearly choked up thinking about it.

We started the trip out by eating at Little Dooey's with good friends. Uncle Len had never been and
hence found it to be heaven! After that we toured the Cobb Institute of  Archaeology for Mason.
 He is planning to major in Archaeology and later go to seminary and become a missionary.
 (I wish I had it all planned out that neatly!)  The Cobb Institute was truly  amazing. We got to touch shards of pots used in Bible times, and examined artifacts from Israel. Mom wants to changs her major!
   After that one of Dad's Fraternity brothers, Pete, led us through the communications department for Mom and Benjamin. Mom  was a Communications Major, ans so she enjoyed seeing some of her old professors.
She says it looks nothing like it did when she was there,though. Macs instead of typewriters. A computer room instead of a dark room. I wonder how much State will have changed when I've graduated and take my kids there...
  We went to the Lodge, and saw so much maroon! It's nice to go someplace decked out in MSU clothes and not have people say "Are you for Michigan?"
 After that we went to eat at Harvey's (the restaurant Mom and Dad went to after he proposed) with
 our dear friends Miss.Trish, her brother Mr.Butch ,and his wife Mrs.Susan.
Here's half the table! Dad, Cate , Miss.Trish, Mr.Butch, and Mrs.Susan are all on this side!
We truly had a great time! Miss. Trish is Mom's friend and mentor, and with her we have gone to Disneyland,  and she has come to see us in almost every part of the country we've lived. We count our time with all of  them as precious!
Dad and I at Oby's - the best!

 Saturday was game day!
 Grammie drove to our hotel in Columbus to see us, and with her she brought some delecious blueberry doughnuts! (My mouth is still watering...) We were all so happy to see her- and took her out to eat at
 our favorite, Oby's, for the occasion! We had some delecious sweet tea and sandwhiches, and had a lot of hugs as well! (I promise this post will not all be about food!) I rode in the car with her on the way, and by the time we got there my mouth was dry from all the talking! I'm pretty sure her ears were numb from all the listening! 
Grammie with her kiddos!
 Now, back to game day. It was amazing! The atmosphere at Mississippi State is so great. We got to see a ton of sweet people, and by the time the ball game rolled around we had seen everyone on campus and hugged their necks, I'm sure! Mrs. Susan was so amazing and got us side line passes.
We were mere feet away as the players warmed up, and even got to pet Bully! (All I had wanted the whole time was to hold a bulldog's chubby head. I was so lucky - I got to hold Champ's!)   To end our perfect trip the bulldogs won the game!  Following are a few photos from our memory-filled trip.   Your Blogger,
                                                Claire




Don't we NEED a bulldog?

The Shraders, Champ, and his handler (I want that job!!)

                                                                               



                                                                                                              
Mom made this beautiful reminder to-
RING RESPONSIBLY!
                                                                                                     








3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! We DID such an amazing time! Love you sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading this!!! Can't wait for you to be at State...I really LOVE it!!! :) Sad I missed seeing yall!

    ReplyDelete